The Brem Foundation (BREM) is seeking an excellent, committed, and passionate Director of Development and Strategic Growth (Director). The Director will lead all fundraising programs and serve as a critical member of BREM’s executive team. The Director will cultivate and steward relationships with individual, corporate, foundational, and other donors. In doing so he/she will be expected to expand and diversify BREM’s fundraising portfolio to meet and exceed revenue goals. BREM encourages the Director to use innovative and unique methods to attract and retain a diverse fundraising portfolio. These relationships will serve as the backbone for BREM’s ability to save lives.
The ideal candidate will have had success managing development programs and staff, however, Brem is willing to consider motivated candidates who have demonstrated success with relationship building, business development, revenue modeling & increases, and similar skills in other industries or areas. The Director will work closely with the CEO, the board, and other staff to drive measurable and outcome-driven growth that achieves BREM’s mission and revenue goals. The Director will be accountable for significant revenue targets and will influence the strategic implementation of local and nationwide initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive development strategy to increase funding from major donors, small donors, foundations, governments, and corporations.
- Use good judgment in identifying new sources of revenue (i.e. grants, foundations etc.).
- Establish performance measures and monitor results to evaluate the effectiveness of BREM’s development program.
- Manage relationships with current donors and board members and identify and cultivate new ones.
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing programs and future growth.
- Use passion and genuine commitment when describing BREM to current and potential donors.
- Manage relationships with partner organizations.
- Promote a culture of high performance and improvement that values a commitment to quality.
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
Desired Education and Skills:
- Creative, driven, well-organized with enthusiasm for building success from the ground up.
- Self-starter who thrives while working independently and sees challenges as a welcome opportunity for problem solving.
- Contagiously enthusiastic - obtains energy from connecting with individuals; uses social skills to build relationships.
- Ability to see potential in untapped resources and opportunities.
- Openness to unconventional and innovative fundraising approaches.
- Emotionally mature with flexibility/sensitivity to work with diverse personalities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Broad-based knowledge of development activities, including software and web-based activities required.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree highly preferred.